The Builders Club is the largest service organization for middle school and junior high students, with more than 100,000 members worldwide. The club falls under the umbrella of the Kiwanis organization, whose mandate is to improve the lives of children around the world.
The Builders Club is open to all students in Gr. 6, 7, and 8 who are interested in helping out around the school, community, and world doing service projects and developing leadership skills. What makes this club unique and special is that the students find an "area of need" and they decide how they can go about meeting that need!
During the school year, Builders Club served their community around them by:
- Created a Christmas hamper for the Abbotsford Food Bank
- Collected boxes of food for the Abbotsford Food Bank
- Collected bags of warm coats and blankets for the Salvation Army
- Holding "Random Acts of Kindness" events, whereby club members handed out candy canes to every student and staff member at Abby Middle
- Students volunteered at the Abbotsford Community School Winter Festival doing science activities, reading with children and serving at the pancake breakfast, as well as clean-up afterwards.
- Helped as School Ambassdors at Abby Middle when needed.
- Raised over $1,000 for neonatal tetanus immunzatons as part of the Kiwannis Project Eliminate